Welcome to the UK Green Deal Scheme Website.
The UK website for green deal scheme advice and green deal scheme information.
What is the UK Green Deal Scheme? How do I start my green deal scheme?
"The Green Deal will be quite simply Britain's most ambitious home improvement programme ever" - Greg Barker - UK Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change
The UK Government has launched of the Green Deal Scheme. The UK Green Deal Scheme makes it possible for millions of homes and businesses to have energy efficient improvements up to £10,000 (or more) at little or NO UP FRONT COST TO YOU. Energy efficient improvements such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, solid wall insulation, condensing boilers, floor insulation, draught proofing, energy efficient glazing and doors, electric storage heaters, solar heat panels, photovoltaic PV panels, ground source heat pumps can be installed.
The UK Government have pledged: "hundreds of pounds up for grabs with £125m Green Deal cash back offer" - Households quick off the mark could get as much as £1,000 cash back. Please CLICK HERE
Are you on a low income / certain benefits? You may be eligible for full funding for certain improvements (e.g. boiler, solid wall insulation, hard to treat cavity walls etc) via ECO (Energy Company Obligation). Please complete a Green Deal Assessment request form - Please CLICK HERE
Please CLICK HERE to book your Green Deal Assessment from a fully qualified Green Deal Advisor*
The UK Government backed Green Deal Scheme is NOT to be means tested. Green Deal debt will be attached to your property's electricity bill and not to you or your actual property. So if you move away from the property the debt stays as a charge on the electricity bill and NOT as a charge on you or your property. Green Deal Home and Green Deal Business assessments available.
The Green Deal Scheme will enable Green Deal Providers (such as private firms, utililty firms, local councils and charities) to offer these energy efficiency improvements to you by giving you access to up to approx. £10,000 (or more!) in Green Deal Finance. There will be little or NO UP FRONT COST to you. Pay back for the Green Deal finance will be recouped by instalments, over 25 years or less, from a charge made on your electricity bill.
As an example: by installing more loft insulation, insulating your cavity walls, replacing your old boiler, installing a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves you will have lowered your energy bills and be able to use the savings you have made to pay back the Green Deal Finance- You pay back as you save. Please CLICK HERE to book a no obligation Green Deal Assessment from a fully qualified Green Deal Advisor *
There are currently 45+ Green Deal improvements you can be eliglble to have installed - please CLICK HERE for a part list of 45+ Green Deal improvements (e.g.cavity wall insulation, solid wall insulation, solar panels, loft/rafter insulation, condensing boiler... etc)
Not every measure will pay for itself over its lifetime, renewable energy technologies such as solar pv, wind turbines or biomass are some examples. In these cases the building owner will be able to contribute to some of the cost to ensure that the Golden Rule can be met. You may even choose to pay for your energy saving works yourself and see a direct drop in your energy bills year after year. Either way, you will be financially better off for taking part in the Green Deal Scheme by paying as you are saving.
Some homes and businesses, such as low income and vulnerable households and hard-to-treat buildings may be able to get ECO funding to provide substitute or fund the works entirely - Your Green Deal Assessor will be able to explain this in more depth.
Find out more from Green Deal DECC policy. All Green Deal Scheme work must meet the Green Deal Golden Rule.
How Do I Apply for the UK Green Deal Scheme?
Step 1 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instuct a Green Deal Advisor
- A Green Deal Advisor will perform a Green Deal Assessment on your home or business (Please be advised that some companies may be a charge for your Green Deal Assessment. The fee may be in the region of £99 - £130. Some companies may refund this cost if you proceed with your Green Deal via them - please always check costs and conditions before booking an assessment with your Green Deal Advisor. Don't forget you may get up to £1000 CASHBACK too Click here).
- Based on your current lifestyle energy usage the Green Deal Advisor will be able to give you impartial Green Deal Advice and recommendations on how to improve your property's energy efficiency. The Green Deal Advisor will produce a Green Deal Report. From the Green Deal Report your taylor-made Green Deal Plan will be created.
- All Green Deal Advice given by Green Deal Advisors must be impartial, but they can be employed by Utility Companies and other companies so always check if they are being paid commission etc once their impartial advice has finished. There will be a 24 hour cooling off period before you can decide to proceed.
- Step 2 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Provider
- The Green Deal Plan will be fully portable so you are free to choose ANY Green Deal Provider - you do NOT have to use your current electricity supplier. Different Green Deal Providers may offer different incentives. It is the role of a Green Deal Provider to give you access to up to approx. £10,000 Green Deal Finance (but you could qualifiy for more than £10,000 in accordance with the Green Deal Plan you select).
- A Green Deal Provider will help you understand how the Green Deal Finance will work for you, how your property will qualify for the Green Deal Finance and how the Green Deal Finance will be paid back.
Step 3 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Installer
- Once your Green Deal Provider has the Green Deal Finance in place a Green Deal Installer can then be instucted. You will be able to choose and instruct your own Green Deal Installer -The Green Deal fully portable and has been designed to give you total freedom to choose at each stage who you want to use.
- Your Green Deal Installers will fit the pre-agreed Green Deal energy effiicency recommendations, in accordance with your Green Deal Plan. Green Deal Installers will be paid directly by the Green Deal Provider, using your Green Deal Finance.
- Please note: Only Green Deal Accredited Assessors, Green Deal Accredited Providers and Green Deal Accredited Installers can give Green Deal Advice, Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Installations. All must adhere to a strict Green Deal Code.
Book your Green Deal Assessment via Green Deal UK Scheme website
Examples of energy saving measures
|Improvement||Estimated savings per year|
|Cavity wall insulation||£135|
|Flat roof insulation||£180|
|External wall insulation||£475|
|Energy efficient glazing and doors||£165|
|Individual room thermostat||£70|
|Hot water thermostat||£30|
Source: Energy Saving Trust, September 2012
We try to ensure that all information on this Green Deal Scheme website is current. We advise that you check DECC website for regular updates regarding the Green Deal CLICK HERE
* Due to large number of enquiries please note that Green Deal Assessments may not be performed until approx mid June
Green Deal, Green Deal UK, Green Deal Scheme, Green Deal Assessor, Green Deal Assessors, Green Deal Advisor, Green Deal Provider, Green Deal Installers, Green Deal Surveys, Green Deal Plan, Green Deal Loans, Green Deal Funding, Green Deal DECC, Green Deal Policy, Green Deal Coalition, Green Deal 2012, Green Deal for Homes, Green Deal Golden Rule, Green Deal Pilot, Green Deal Go Early, Green Deal Trailblazer, Green Deal Scotland, Green Deal Wales. Green Deal DECC, Green Deal 2012 Green Deal Training Courses, Green Deal Advisor Training, Green Deal Assessor Training, Green Deal Courses, green Deal Installer Training, commercial green deal advisor training
- Green Deal Scotland and Green Deal Wales coming soon
For Green Deal Training Courses - Click Here
For Green Deal Jobs - Click Here
For the latest Green Deal News - Click here
For Green Deal Suppliers of Materials - Click Here
The Green Deal Forum is now live - to join please CLICK HERE
There is no charge to you for using our referral service. We are paid by charging advisor/provider/installer/training companies a fee for this referral service. Any advice or assistance given to you by a third party company does not represent Green Deal Scheme Ltd advice or assistance and is not checked or endorsed by Green Deal Scheme Ltd. It is your decision whether or not you act on any advice or assistance you are given. Any contract agreed is with you and your chosen advsisor/provider/installer/training company. Green Deal Scheme Ltd expressly denies and excludes all liability of any nature in the respect of the use or misuse of this website
- Take your time in making a decision - If you are promised a 'special discount' or 'time limited' offer don't be tempted to sign up straightaway. Shop around with different businesses to make sure you get a good deal. Remember: you can ask a salesperson to leave your home at any time.
- Double check the facts - Check the product is suitable for your home, whether you are eligible for any grants towards the cost of installation, and the basis of any claims about potential energy savings or benefits. Only agree to go ahead if you're entirely satisfied.
- Know what you are signing - Check whether you are signing a contract or just agreeing to a survey or a quote. Give yourself enough time to read all the paperwork, and ask questions if you are unclear about anything. Don't sign if you are unsure about doing so.
- Know your cancellation rights - Where you buy on your doorstep or in your home and you spend more than £35, you usually have seven calendar days to change your mind and cancel, and can get back any money you have already paid, including a deposit - the 'cooling off' period. The cooling off period starts on the day you are given your written cancellation notice by the salesperson. Think carefully before you agree to any work starting during the cooling off period - you can still cancel but may have to pay a reasonable amount.
- Know your rights if things go wrong - Make sure you know what you can do if things go wrong. Contact Citizens Advice for information and advice on your legal rights.1000