Welcome to the Green Deal Scheme website
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) is available to get Green Deal cash back. Register your interest in having a Green Deal today CLICK HERE
(This Green Deal Scheme website is owned and operated by Green Deal Scheme Ltd - please see our Declaration at the bottom of this page)
The Green Deal is an innovative financing mechanism that lets people pay for some of the cost of energy-efficiency improvements through savings on their energy bills.
How does the Green Deal Scheme work?
The Green Deal Scheme can effectively be split into four main stages:
Green Deal Assessment
A Green Deal Advisor will visit your property in order to identify just what energy efficiency improvements could be of most benefit to you. They also be able to offer impartial advice on just how the repayments will work and which of our recommendations are likely to be most cost effective. The Green Deal Advisor must declare if they have links to Green Deal Providers during your green Deal assessment.
The Green Deal Advisor will then produce a Green Deal report outlining your energy efficiency improvements and projected saving. Please CLICK HERE to receive contact from a fully approved Green Deal Advisor company for your Green Deal Assessment.
Green Deal Finance
Once you have your report we can help you with the next stage which is to help you find a Green Deal Provider who can arrange and fund the improvements. If you do decide to go ahead with the improvements outlined in your report, you will be asked to sign a Green Deal Plan which is basically a contract between you and your Green Deal Provider (Please note; Green Deal Plans are FULLY portable. You are free to choose your own Green Deal Provider). Please CLICK HERE to contact a Green Deal Provider
Green Deal Installation
Along with your chosen Green Deal Provider a Green Deal Installer will arrange a suitable time with you to come and carry out the work you have agreed to in your Green Deal Plan. Please CLICK HERE to contact a Green Deal Installer
There are many are accredited Green Deal Assessors and Advisors and Green Deal Installers and are able to access Green Deal Providers to arrange the finance.
Green Deal Scheme Repayment
You pay-as-you-save. You will only pay back the cost of your improvements over time through savings on your energy bill. Your energy supplier will pass on details of your payments to your Green Deal Provider and the amount you pay back should no more than what you save on your bill after the improvements have been installed (dependant on what measure you have installed. Some measures may not pay themselves back via your energy bill savings)
The way the Green Deal Finance is a loan. The way the repayment is arranged means this is not the same as a conventional loan. The charges are attached to your property so, if you move out, the new occupant will pick up the charge whilst also benefitting from a more energy efficient property.
Although interest is charged on these payments, the rate is fixed and you will be shown a full schedule of repayments before you are asked to sign up to your Green Deal Plan.
What is eligible for upgrade with Green Deal?
There are over 45 energy efficiency measures that have been approved to receive funding under the Green Deal, (please see below for partial list) ;
Other measures may get added to the list, subject to having quantifiable energy savings.
For businesses and the non-domestic sector it will also be possible to get funding for energy efficient lighting, mechanical ventilation and heat recovery measures.
Where can I get more information on the Green Deal Scheme?
If you need more impartial information on how the Green Deal will benefit you can call Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234
Please be advised that some companies may be a charge for your Green Deal Assessment. The fee may be in the region of £99 - £200+. Some companies may refund this cost if you proceed with your Green Deal via them - please always check costs and conditions before booking an assessment with your Green Deal Advisor.
The Green Deal UK scheme will enable Green Deal providers, such as private firms, councils and charities, to offer these energy efficiency improvements by offering Green Deal Finance, of up to approx. £10,000. Pay back for the UK Green Deal improvements, in accordance with your Green Deal Plan, will be recouped by instalments, over 25 years or less, from a charge made on the home or energy electricity bills. The Green Deal debt will NOT be attached to you or your property.
Not every measure will pay for itself over its lifetime, renewable energy technologies such as solar pv, wind turbines or biomass are some examples. In these cases the building owner will be able to contribute to some of the cost to ensure that the Golden Rule can be met. You may even choose to pay for your energy saving works yourself and should see a direct drop in your energy bills.
Some homes and businesses, such as low income and vulnerable households and hard-to-treat buildings may be able to get ECO funding to provide substitute or fund the works entirely - Your Green Deal Assessor will be able to explain this in more depth.
Find out more from Green Deal DECC policy. All Green Deal Scheme work must meet the Green Deal Golden Rule.
How Do I Apply for the UK Green Deal Scheme?
Step 1 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Contact a Green Deal Advisor
- Based on your current lifestyle energy usage the Green Deal Advisor will be able to give you impartial Green Deal Advice and recommendations on how to improve your property's energy efficiency. The Green Deal Advisor will produce a Green Deal Report. From the Green Deal Report your taylor-made Green Deal Plan will be created.
- All Green Deal Advice given by Green Deal Advisors must be impartial, but they can be employed by Utility Companies and other companies so always check if they are being paid commission etc once their impartial advice has finished. There will be a 24 hour cooling off period before you can decide to proceed.
- Please CLICK HERE to contact a Green Deal Advisor about info on Green Deal Assessments *
- Step 2 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Contact a Green Deal Provider
- The Green Deal Plan will be fully portable so you are free to choose ANY Green Deal Provider - you do NOT have to use your current electricity supplier. Different Green Deal Providers may offer different incentives. It is the role of a Green Deal Provider to give you access to up to approx. £10,000 Green Deal Finance (but you could qualifiy for more than £10,000 in accordance with the Green Deal Plan you select).
- A Green Deal Provider will help you understand how the Green Deal Finance will work for you, how your property will qualify for the Green Deal Finance and how the Green Deal Finance will be paid back.
- We advise that you always ask every Green Deal Provider if there will be any set up costs, early repayment charges and if there any annual fees for your Green Deal Finance - again, shop around as these may differ between Green Deal Providers.
Step 3 of the Green Deal Scheme:
Contact a Green Deal Installer
- Once your Green Deal Provider has the Green Deal Finance in place a Green Deal Installer can then be instucted. You will be able to choose and instruct your own Green Deal Installer -The Green Deal fully portable and has been designed to give you total freedom to choose at each stage who you want to use.
- Your Green Deal Installers will fit the pre-agreed Green Deal energy effiicency recommendations, in accordance with your Green Deal Plan. Green Deal Installers will be paid directly by the Green Deal Provider, using your Green Deal Finance.
- Please note: Only Green Deal Accredited Assessors, Green Deal Accredited Providers and Green Deal Accredited Installers can give Green Deal Advice, Green Deal Finance & Green Deal Installations. All must adhere to a strict Green Deal Code.
We try to ensure all the information on this Green Deal website is current, but for the latest information on the Green Deal please go to DECC website CLICK HERE
For impartial Green Deal Advice please call the Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234 (please note that this website is not connected with the Energy Saving Advice Service) or visit www.GDORB.co.uk website
Green Deal, Green Deal UK, Green Deal Scheme, Green Deal Assessor, Green Deal Assessors, Green Deal Advisor, Green Deal Provider, Green Deal Installers, Green Deal Surveys, Green Deal Plan, Green Deal Loans, Green Deal Funding, Green Deal DECC, Green Deal Policy, Green Deal Coalition, Green Deal 2012, Green Deal for Homes, Green Deal Golden Rule, Green Deal Pilot, Green Deal Go Early, Green Deal Trailblazer, Green Deal Scotland, Green Deal Wales. Green Deal DECC, Green Deal 2012 Green Deal Training Courses, Green Deal Advisor Training, Green Deal Assessor Training, Green Deal Courses, green Deal Installer Training, commercial green deal advisor training
- Green Deal Scotland and Green Deal Wales coming soon
For Green Deal Training Courses - Click Here
For Green Deal Jobs - Click Here
For the latest Green Deal News - Click here
For Green Deal Suppliers of Materials - Click Here
The Green Deal Forum is now live - to join please CLICK HERE
Green Deal Scheme Ltd are an advertising and lead generating company who aim to put you in touch with fully approved & accredited Green Deal and ECO Advisor, Providers & Installers. There is no charge to you, the general public, for using our referral service. We are paid by charging approved Green Deal and ECO approved advisor/provider/installer/training companies a small fee for this referral and advertising service. Green Deal Scheme Ltd is not Green Deal approved, accredited or certified company. Please see GDORB website for a full list of Green Deal approved companies. We do not provide Green Deal or ECO assessments, finance or installations. We do not take any commission or payment for any works undertaken by any Green Deal or ECO company we may refer you to.
Any advice or assistance given to you by any refering Green Deal or ECO approved company or individual does not represent Green Deal Scheme Ltd advice or assistance and is not checked or endorsed by Green Deal Scheme Ltd. in any way. It is strictly your decision whether or not you act on any general advice, energy advice, financial advice or assistance in any form you are given by any refering green deal company. Any contract agreed or credit agreement or works undertaken or entered into is strictly between you and your chosen approved ECO & Green Deal advisor/provider/installer/training company.
Green Deal Scheme Ltd reserve the right not to sell your data onto any Green Deal approved companies if they so wish. Once your data has been sold to a Green Deal approved company then all your correspondence must be directly with that Green Deal approved company. Green Deal approved companies that we sell to may or may not chose to contact you regarding your Green Deal request. Once we have sold your data then Green Deal Scheme Ltd are not liable for any contact you may receive from any Green Deal approved company. Green Deal Scheme Ltd expressly denies and excludes all liability of any nature in the respect of the use or misuse of this or any of our ECO & Green Deal websites. Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully before completing any online form on this website.
- Take your time in making a decision - If you are promised a 'special discount' or 'time limited' offer don't be tempted to sign up straightaway. Shop around with different businesses to make sure you get a good deal. Remember: you can ask a salesperson to leave your home at any time.
- Double check the facts - Check the product is suitable for your home, whether you are eligible for any grants towards the cost of installation, and the basis of any claims about potential energy savings or benefits. Only agree to go ahead if you're entirely satisfied.
- Know what you are signing - Check whether you are signing a contract or just agreeing to a survey or a quote. Give yourself enough time to read all the paperwork, and ask questions if you are unclear about anything. Don't sign if you are unsure about doing so.
- Know your cancellation rights - Where you buy on your doorstep or in your home and you spend more than £35, you usually have seven calendar days to change your mind and cancel, and can get back any money you have already paid, including a deposit - the 'cooling off' period. The cooling off period starts on the day you are given your written cancellation notice by the salesperson. Think carefully before you agree to any work starting during the cooling off period - you can still cancel but may have to pay a reasonable amount.
- Know your rights if things go wrong - Make sure you know what you can do if things go wrong. Contact Citizens Advice for information and advice on your legal rights.
Please note that Green Deal Scheme Ltd is not a Green Deal approved, certified or accredited company. Full a list of fully approved Green Deal companies please visit GDORB Website
Statement: By completing and submitting any online form on this website and by supplying any of your contact details you freely consent to contact from carefully selected Green Deal approved companies and agree to your details, as you have given on any online form, being sold to third party Green Deal approved companies who will use this data you have freely provided try to help to inform you in how to proceed with your next step of the Green Deal, help you book a green deal assessment, provide information for green deal finance or installations. . Green Deal approved companies may contact you for on-going (up to 1 year as "on-going" contact) and future marketing by email, telephone, text message and letter (between 1 year and up to 2 years for "future" contact). All information you provide on any of these online forms is voluntary. By submitting the form you agree to our Terms & Conditions (our T&Cs can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of this page). All information you supply will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 .All personal data is held on a secure server and is not sold without your consent.
Please do not complete and submit any form on this website if you disagree with the above statement..